03 February 2009

Student profile: Jess Valdez

What is your project about?

My project is observing how temperature variation affects the sprint speed of Sceloporus olivaceus. My test subject is a local species of lizard commonly known as Texas Spiny Lizard. It can be found in trees and other types of terrain.

What have you learned or enjoyed so far?

In participating in the REU program I have learned that there are many opportunities in expanding my career as a research biologist. I have enjoyed the many speakers and mentors that have visited our campus and I have also enjoyed working on a project that I am very passionate and enthusiastic about.

What are you looking forward to?

I am looking forward to presenting my research to the public and publishing a paper. I am also looking forward to obtaining my Master's and continuing my career.

No comments: