23 February 2009

Student profile: Amery Yang

What is your project about?

My project is about measuring oxidative stress in hyper-accumulators and non-accumulators through the biochemical aspect. I will be running assay tests such as SOD, TBARS, CAT, Protein Carbonylation, and Protein Analysis. I will be in charge of two plants: Streptanthus farnsworthianus and Streptanthus polygaloides.

What have you learned or enjoyed so far?

I have learned about many research opportunities that can expand my research experience and knowledge about careers in research. I have enjoyed my time in the lab. To me, I don't view research as job. I get to have fun and learning at the same time. I have also enjoyed talking with the speakers and getting to know how they decided to do research as a career goal.

What are you looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the upcoming TAS meeting where I will be participating in the poster sessions. I am also looking forward to meeting future speakers and being able to talk with them.

No comments: