20 November 2007

Student profile: Cassie Rivas

Casie RivasWhat is your project about?

I am working on propagating plants using tissue culture methods. My focus is to find better protocols for the following plants: Nymphaea ( a water lily), Jatropha, and citrus.

What have you learned or enjoyed so far?

So far I have learned that every detail is extremely important as well as what tissue culture is and why it is used. What I really enjoy about research is that you really don't know what results your going to get and for me, that's exciting.

What are you looking forward to?

As time goes by I really hope that I get the results I am hoping for and I also look forward to attending the science events we are going to in order to learn more about what other type of science is being tested out there.

Supervisor: Andrew McDonald

No comments: